I foolishly signed up with a Cammodel STUDIO! HELP!

This is a forum for general topics about the cammodel industry. Open to all members.
EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:05 pm

innocentindian;2612236 wrote:Hello lovely ladies,

About 4 or 5 months ago I stupidly signed up with icamz (a virtual studio for streamate) and have been streaming with them regularly. I was fine with the money I was making, but literally found out yesterday that they are a studio and taking % from my earnings! >:( I'm not sure how much, but my rate is $4.99 a minute and I am receiving less than $1 a minute! >:(

One guy was in for 4 minutes, at $4.99. I received $3.84 compensation for the 4 minutes. :'(

I have been browsing SW furiously since yesterday and reading the amazing thread from Roast on how to avoid studios and such!

I want to close my account with icamz ASAP and re-open as an independent with Streamate, but I just have a few quick questions:

- If I successfully terminate my account with icamz, how long until I can open a new independent account with Streamate?
- I know I have to change my screename, do I also have to use a new email address?

I heard the wait is 1 full year, but I am willing to wait (I'm not interested in signing up with DP, but in the mean time I have signed up directly (seriously, thank you sooo much Roast!) with adultwork and ifriends).

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:06 pm

Procrasturbator;2612238 wrote:1. Probably 6 months since your last broadcast date. When I tried to sign up again after closing my studio account Streamate told me the exact date I'd be able to sign up again.
2. Yes, you definitely have to use a new email address that has never before been in the Streamate system.

Good luck!
innocentindian;2612239 wrote:Thank you, Procrasturbator! :) I will email icamz to close my account as soon as I'm fully registered on the other camming sites~ Hopefully the 6 months will go by fast!
apryll11;2612252 wrote:Icamz only takes out 10%. So basically 10 off of every 100 earned. Your making more the a dollar a min
innocentindian;2612257 wrote:I checked my GOLD tip earnings, icamz is taking 15% of my earnings :/

So instead of earning 35% on streamate like I should be, I'm only earning 20% since icamz is taking 15% as a virtual studio :(

For a $5 tip I *should* get $1.75 but I only got $1 (and icamz keeps $0.75 for themselves!)
Procrasturbator;2612264 wrote:FYI some studios take out a different percentage for gold and privates. For instance in the studio I was in I got 30% for privates and 25% for gold (tips or shows.) TBH that's the reason I left--I can deal with 30% but 25% of gold shows is just too low.
audritwo;2612366 wrote:You could possibly go this route:

talk to katy to see if she can help you get out of it.
SarahTime;2612386 wrote:If you do the math on the private you mentioned above, it does come out to 20% so you are only making 20% for privates and tips. That SUCKS! :(

Try the link audritwo posted if you can't figure anything else out. Good luck!
innocentindian;2612404 wrote:Augh :/ Freaking icamz scammers!!

Thank you ladies for helping out, audritwo I've sent a message to Katy and am awaiting her reply :)

Thank you for all for a helpful response! <3
Sabihah;2612439 wrote:You could always try camming for another site, too! Don't get hung up on your first site.
innocentindian;2612474 wrote:Thanks Sabihah :) I signed up for a few more camming sites earlier today and got approved on all of them! Now it's just a matter of getting used to the new interfaces after spending so many months on streamate =__=;
Sabihah;2612528 wrote:You'll get used to it. :) Clients everywhere seem to be extremely forgiving of models who are new and aren't sure what they're doing. Branch out and you might find a site you love even more - it happened to me!
TSdoll;2677591 wrote:I have also fallen to that category, I signed up for Icamz thinking it was just a sister site for streamate and not a studio......so here is my situation...i signed up two weeks ago and signed up through IC and ive been doing well but i wanted to know what the percentage breakdown was for me and I came across this and feel like and idiot for making this mistake . Whats done is done and now I'm asking what would be my best option to opt out of this contract...should i email IC and let them know I would like to get out of this studio contract? should I just make a new one through Streamate? I would hate to get bannnnned for doing something of this sort....help!!! im only making 25 percent =( im mostly in privates and i invest my time like its a FT job...please help....I signed up on this site to contact you! thank you.....so what steps did you take to close your contract etc