The Streamate Thread

All Streamate threads go here.
pippapippa
Reactions:

Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:05 pm

I haven't used mass messages until yesterday. Why on earth does it send to people I've blocked? Lmfao. All these guys are in my messages asking to be unblocked now. I get that they favorites me at one point, but you'd think the algorithm would weed them out.

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:55 pm

pippapippa wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:05 pm I haven't used mass messages until yesterday. Why on earth does it send to people I've blocked? Lmfao. All these guys are in my messages asking to be unblocked now. I get that they favorites me at one point, but you'd think the algorithm would weed them out.
Oh geez, what a can of worms to open up. lol

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:09 am

Yeah, there's something not right. I have one person coming in every 20 minutes and zero potentials.Time to work on clips.

Hersheykissed
Hustler
Reactions:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:41 am

I agree something has changed since middle of summer. It hasn’t come back.

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:08 am

It was only today that it was acting was strange. Otherwise it's been pretty normal for me trafficwise(for SM) lol. I'm not gonna talk about moneywise. lol

Hersheykissed
Hustler
Reactions:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:17 pm

littlewhitelies wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:03 pm
SuperPookie wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:47 am I'm starting to freak out. Today is the 3rd day in a row that I'm averaging less than minimum wage on Streamate and I've been doing 10 hour days so it isn't a issue of getting frustrated and logging off early.
It's worse than during contests. This started Monday so has there been some awful change in the algorithm?
I mean a bad day occasionally is normal but not this long.
Me too! Last week was bad, but I put that down to contest week traffic and assumed things would be fine by Sunday. It has not gotten better this week. I'm sitting in my room for loooong stretches with no one coming in, and when I do get traffic, it's low quality. I haven't had a show over 3 minutes long in a week!

I've been putting more effort into my other eggs lately but it's not really paying off. In the past traffic has always come back eventually but, of course it's hard not to worry. I wouldn't even necessarily mind the inconsistency if it evened out every now and again with a really good week, but I haven't had one of those since July! I'm so frustrated and burnt out.

I’m with you 100%. It’s super weird. I can go days without regulars then 5 in one days then poof no one again. I’ve always earned really good too so the dramatic shift is noticeable, may not be for everyone just my experience.

But I will add to say I’m hopeful and still overall pleased. It’s still more money than a normal in person job so with that and the option to block whenever I want, I’ll be looking forward to the winter because people stay in the house and spend 😂

Susperia
Reactions:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:18 pm

Hersheykissed wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:17 pm
SuperPookie wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:47 am I'm starting to freak out. Today is the 3rd day in a row that I'm averaging less than minimum wage on Streamate and I've been doing 10 hour days so it isn't a issue of getting frustrated and logging off early.
It's worse than during contests. This started Monday so has there been some awful change in the algorithm?
I mean a bad day occasionally is normal but not this long.
Me too! Last week was bad, but I put that down to contest week traffic and assumed things would be fine by Sunday. It has not gotten better this week. I'm sitting in my room for loooong stretches with no one coming in, and when I do get traffic, it's low quality. I haven't had a show over 3 minutes long in a week!

I've been putting more effort into my other eggs lately but it's not really paying off. In the past traffic has always come back eventually but, of course it's hard not to worry. I wouldn't even necessarily mind the inconsistency if it evened out every now and again with a really good week, but I haven't had one of those since July! I'm so frustrated and burnt out.

I’m with you 100%. It’s super weird. I can go days without regulars then 5 in one days then poof no one again. I’ve always earned really good too so the dramatic shift is noticeable, may not be for everyone just my experience.

But I will add to say I’m hopeful and still overall pleased. It’s still more money than a normal in person job so with that and the option to block whenever I want, I’ll be looking forward to the winter because people stay in the house and spend 😂
I'm also going through this too. The beginning of this week was horrible, making way less than normal. No regs, just newbs and cheapskates. Today seems a bit better, still a bit under where I should be, but I'm making ok money so I won't complain too much, just do my usual hours and see where I'm at. My other eggs have been slow this month too, not sure what the hell is going on, maybe they are still tweaking the site for the new dashboard....they say after October 1st you can't use classic dashboard anymore.....ugh. I liked it better the way it was. Hoping it picks up for us all very soon. Fall kinda sucks because everyone is out enjoying the weather and Fall activities, remember that.

Hersheykissed
Hustler
Reactions:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:38 pm

Susperia wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:18 pm
Hersheykissed wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 1:17 pm

I'm also going through this too. The beginning of this week was horrible, making way less than normal. No regs, just newbs and cheapskates. Today seems a bit better, still a bit under where I should be, but I'm making ok money so I won't complain too much, just do my usual hours and see where I'm at. My other eggs have been slow this month too, not sure what the hell is going on, maybe they are still tweaking the site for the new dashboard....they say after October 1st you can't use classic dashboard anymore.....ugh. I liked it better the way it was. Hoping it picks up for us all very soon. Fall kinda sucks because everyone is out enjoying the weather and Fall activities, remember that.

Lol I agree I could have done without the new dashboard. I like the old one better.

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:08 am

^Agreed. What's the difference between "Stream" and "Live Stream" (under create)? They are in different tabs.🤔

ggminx
Hustler
Reactions:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:23 am

anyone else's notes take 500 years to open?