The Streamate Thread

All Streamate threads go here.
KortneyKay
Hustler
Reactions:

Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:24 pm

Hersheykissed wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:27 am Is anybody making money today 😭 why is the site so bad lately??
Girl. Some people say there's a recession. I've noticed personally many regs pulling back, but those who are spending want to save as much money as possible.

For example I never lower my rates and did so yesterday and literally made not only less than the previous day, it took hours to even get that so never again. Something is definitely up. Sports, kids school clothes, late vacays. Something.

VVVV
Hustler
Reactions:

Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:50 pm

Hersheykissed wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:27 am Is anybody making money today 😭 why is the site so bad lately??
i changed my streaming hrs it worked
boost things a little
guys like new girls LOLOLOL

VVVV
Hustler
Reactions:

Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:39 pm

KortneyKay wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:24 pm
Girl. Some people say there's a recession. I've noticed personally many regs pulling back, but those who are spending want to save as much money as possible.

For example I never lower my rates and did so yesterday and literally made not only less than the previous day, it took hours to even get that so never again. Something is definitely up. Sports, kids school clothes, late vacays. Something.
apparently rents are going up in many cities. i mean talking about uk and middle east, not sure US tho!
we are in the end of the month also!!

Hersheykissed
Hustler
Reactions:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:07 am

VVVV wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:50 pm
i changed my streaming hrs it worked
boost things a little
guys like new girls LOLOLOL

I’ve been dreading doing that but I might for a while. Not usually a night person lol but ima give it a try.

KortneyKay
Hustler
Reactions:

Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:13 am

VVVV wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:39 pm

apparently rents are going up in many cities. i mean talking about uk and middle east, not sure US tho!
This. I've been paying close attention to UK rents and airbnb since I'm thinking of moving back and noticed they are double what they used to be. I paid 1400GBP for a flat in 2019 and that same area is now 3500GBP, and some $5k a month on airbnb for 1 month. Atrocious. Also a lot of Brits can't find housing, or try and have to compete against 300 other potential renters. It's insane. I feel airbnb is going to be banned there soon just like NYC,

bigbum
Hustler
Reactions:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:30 am

KortneyKay wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:13 am

This. I've been paying close attention to UK rents and airbnb since I'm thinking of moving back and noticed they are double what they used to be. I paid 1400GBP for a flat in 2019 and that same area is now 3500GBP, and some $5k a month on airbnb for 1 month. Atrocious. Also a lot of Brits can't find housing, or try and have to compete against 300 other potential renters. It's insane. I feel airbnb is going to be banned there soon just like NYC,
I was looking as well, because my husband loves the uk and wanted to maybe go for like 2 months to London so I went back to look at airbnb. and we used to go to stay in lovely Kensington it wasn't even expensive .. haha the prices are like 5x what they used to be.
you can always make an offer to the airbnb I used to do that offer them like 1k less less than their ask and sometimes they take it if it is for a longer duration. you can send like 50 emails or more and see what replies you get . I always do that

KortneyKay
Hustler
Reactions:

Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:47 am

bigbum wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:30 am
KortneyKay wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:13 am

I was looking as well, because my husband loves the uk and wanted to maybe go for like 2 months to London so I went back to look at airbnb. and we used to go to stay in lovely Kensington it wasn't even expensive .. haha the prices are like 5x what they used to be.
you can always make an offer to the airbnb I used to do that offer them like 1k less less than their ask and sometimes they take it if it is for a longer duration. you can send like 50 emails or more and see what replies you get . I always do that
I also live in S Kensington when I'm in London. Great area. That or Fulham or Chelsea. I usually do 1 week at an airbnb then negotiate but I remember asking one guy when I was there in April and he wanted the 3500GBP for a flat in the basement of where I paid 1400 before. And my friend owns a bar on the same street there and an apartment building and only wants 1,000GBP so I may look into that. I just don't want to do incalls there because I don't need cam/paid dating (lol) leaking into my personal life.
I'll take your advice. It was either bribing or using openrent and doing a short stay and paying 6 months plus deposits. Meh.

I remember one time this lady I rented an airbnb from thought she was going to make 1,000 a week from her airbnb but no one really knew what it was in 2018 and she ran back begging for the 1400 a month because she found a job in AU for 6 months and needed me to cover her lease. I wish she would've took the first offer because I'd already moved to another place and had just paid rent, too. O.o

BTW a reg made me eat my words the other day. He lives in Cali and works in film so he has plenty to spare and came back and blessed me. Also the guys who took advantage of my old rate doubled up and came back at my higher rate and I felt like a friggin idiot for excepting less from them before. I can still see that many are spending less but we roll with the tide as cammodels and always will. Hang in there, ladies. My cammodel link also hasn't been pushing out affiliate sales in over 3 weeks, too. Le sigh.

SuperPookie
Hustler
Reactions:

Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:47 am

I'm starting to freak out. Today is the 3rd day in a row that I'm averaging less than minimum wage on Streamate and I've been doing 10 hour days so it isn't a issue of getting frustrated and logging off early.
It's worse than during contests. This started Monday so has there been some awful change in the algorithm?
I mean a bad day occasionally is normal but not this long.

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:33 am

^ It always gets better.

What helps me is looking at the bigger picture. Total up your earnings at the end of the month. It usually evens out.

'

littlewhitelies
Reactions:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:03 pm

SuperPookie wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:47 am I'm starting to freak out. Today is the 3rd day in a row that I'm averaging less than minimum wage on Streamate and I've been doing 10 hour days so it isn't a issue of getting frustrated and logging off early.
It's worse than during contests. This started Monday so has there been some awful change in the algorithm?
I mean a bad day occasionally is normal but not this long.
Me too! Last week was bad, but I put that down to contest week traffic and assumed things would be fine by Sunday. It has not gotten better this week. I'm sitting in my room for loooong stretches with no one coming in, and when I do get traffic, it's low quality. I haven't had a show over 3 minutes long in a week!

I've been putting more effort into my other eggs lately but it's not really paying off. In the past traffic has always come back eventually but, of course it's hard not to worry. I wouldn't even necessarily mind the inconsistency if it evened out every now and again with a really good week, but I haven't had one of those since July! I'm so frustrated and burnt out.