All Streamate threads go here.
Esixxx
Hustler
Reactions:

Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:13 am

EtherealMOD wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:42 pm
ChubbyBBW wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:25 pm Another contest coming:
Sweet September Contest on Sept 3-4 GMT
But how's it's been money wise between the contest?
It's been meh... for me

count.contessa
Reactions:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:53 pm

I really need some help with an issue I've been having on Streamate. There's this guy that's been obsessed with me for a long time now, and he revealed that he knows my initials (so probably knows my real name), and has been threatening to "hunt me". I've been going back and forth with SM support all week, and he keeps coming back under different usernames. He pretends to be different people. They can't IP block him for some reason, but I'm being told all I can do is just block those I suspect are him.

This doesn't seem like a viable solution. This could be a very dangerous person. Should I just go to the police? I don't know anything about this guy. If anyone has ever been in a situation like this before, please shed some light if you have any to spare. I am desperate to find a solution so I can stream without feeling so anxious. This has been driving me insane.

Genoveve
Hustler
Reactions:

Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:28 pm

^^^Is he a reg like has he done shows with you? Even if he's not I feel like it's a 98% chance that he's all talk and getting off on scaring you. Unless he sends you your address I wouldn't freak out, and even if he did I still feel like the chances of him showing up are slim to none---BUT who knows where online he might share that info and who could see it (like a psycho that would be interested in showing up to your place). Unfortunately there's no way for SM to permanently remove him from the site either.

aka Genoveve
count.contessa
Reactions:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:26 pm

Genoveve wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:28 pm ^^^Is he a reg like has he done shows with you? Even if he's not I feel like it's a 98% chance that he's all talk and getting off on scaring you. Unless he sends you your address I wouldn't freak out, and even if he did I still feel like the chances of him showing up are slim to none---BUT who knows where online he might share that info and who could see it (like a psycho that would be interested in showing up to your place). Unfortunately there's no way for SM to permanently remove him from the site either.
Thank you for replying, Genoveve. Yes, I met him on SM and he's been a reg for quite some time now. I can't really bet on whether he's all talk. Because of how long this has been going on for, and the way that he has become more intense with his obsession over time, I can't help but be worried. It's been a slow escalation up to this point, even though I've been very careful with this person. There are people who I know in real life that don't know my real name, but somehow this person has managed to figure it out. Most stalkers statistically speaking don't actually make contact with their victims, but the stress they bring into a person's life as they attempt to control them will still be present. I've been doing a lot of research about this, and I just feel like it's never taken seriously until something bad happens to someone. I want to avoid that because I have a gut feeling that this person is seriously sick in the head.

I appreciate your help. It sucks that we have no recourse when things like this occur. It makes it hard to want to give up so much of my earnings to a website that doesn't actually have a mechanism to prevent these things from occurring.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:57 pm

1. Did he post your actual initials? Or did he just threaten to know what they are?

2. Don't contact the police... because for what?

You don't have any information on who this man is, correct ? Law enforcement doesn't care until there's concrete evidence that slaps them on top of the head. That's how you force them to get active.

Another point that I'd like to make is how getting a police report could potentially reveal who you are.

Folks please be careful and make sure that you say directly to any responding officer that you'd like to remain anonymous.

Depending on what state or city jurisdiction you reside under they may list your physical address on the court document unless you verbally say no right there ON THE SPOT!!!

Again depending on your jurisdiction and the laws that "SHOULD protect women".

It starts with the responding officer and this is when victims need to plead their case. (Sadly this is when we feel the most vulnerable.)

However that responding officer that responded to your issue will lay the ground work for what's next.

To be clear I'm not telling folks to shut up when they feel disrespected and unsafe. But Speak up and learn how to legally navigate the patriarchy when we need to communicate with law enforcement. ♥️
count.contessa wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:53 pm I really need some help with an issue I've been having on Streamate. There's this guy that's been obsessed with me for a long time now, and he revealed that he knows my initials (so probably knows my real name), and has been threatening to "hunt me". I've been going back and forth with SM support all week, and he keeps coming back under different usernames. He pretends to be different people. They can't IP block him for some reason, but I'm being told all I can do is just block those I suspect are him.

This doesn't seem like a viable solution. This could be a very dangerous person. Should I just go to the police? I don't know anything about this guy. If anyone has ever been in a situation like this before, please shed some light if you have any to spare. I am desperate to find a solution so I can stream without feeling so anxious. This has been driving me insane.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:59 pm

EtherealMOD wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:57 pm 1. Did he post your actual initials? Or did he just threaten to know what they are?

2. Don't contact the police without having all of the details that include their name... because for what?

You don't have any information on who this man is, correct ? Law enforcement doesn't care until there's concrete evidence that slaps them on top of the head. That's how you force them to get active.

Another point that I'd like to make is how getting a police report could potentially reveal who you are.

Folks please be careful and make sure that you say directly to any responding officer that you'd like to remain anonymous.

Depending on what state or city jurisdiction you reside under they may list your physical address on the court document unless you verbally say no right there ON THE SPOT!!!

Again depending on your jurisdiction and the laws that "SHOULD protect women".

It starts with the responding officer and this is when victims need to plead their case. (Sadly this is when we feel the most vulnerable.)

However that responding officer that responded to your issue will lay the ground work for what's next.

To be clear I'm not telling folks to shut up when they feel disrespected and unsafe. But Speak up and learn how to legally navigate the patriarchy when we need to communicate with law enforcement. ♥️
count.contessa wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:53 pm I really need some help with an issue I've been having on Streamate. There's this guy that's been obsessed with me for a long time now, and he revealed that he knows my initials (so probably knows my real name), and has been threatening to "hunt me". I've been going back and forth with SM support all week, and he keeps coming back under different usernames. He pretends to be different people. They can't IP block him for some reason, but I'm being told all I can do is just block those I suspect are him.

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:30 pm

@count.contessa Do you have a doorbell cam? If not, I would install one. For the tiny, very minuscule chance that he would go that far. They are nice to have anyway for peace of mind.

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:31 pm

ChubbyBBW wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:44 pm
EtherealMOD wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:42 pm
ChubbyBBW wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:25 pm Another contest coming:
Sweet September Contest on Sept 3-4 GMT
But how's it's been money wise between the contest?
Slow but not dead for me.
Same for me. A few regulars have come around. They usually somehow disappear during contests.

RedCandy
Reactions:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:33 pm

Heads Up! 1st NFL game on tomorrow Thursday at 820pm Eastern time

SuperPookie
Hustler
Reactions:

Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:49 am

Is there anyway to bypass the issue of when someone leaves a show before 30 seconds their name also disappears from the list where it shows who was in the room? I would love to leave notes on these assholes but I can't regardless of how long they sat in my room before trying to peep.