The Streamate Thread

All Streamate threads go here.
Camgurl
Reactions:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:20 am

This week has been a shit show from day one. I hate contest weeks! Nothing but in and outs and morons. Good thing I splitcam with stripchat. I'm so tired of SM. Thinking of going back to the 9-5 part time. It gets worse every year. Sorry to be a downer. Save me cam gods!

Hersheykissed
Hustler
Reactions:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:20 am

This contest has been such a pain in my ass 😭

Edit to say. That was just about the worst Friday I’ve seen 😭😂😂 it’s almost funny just how truly terrible it was. I went through 7 stages of grief 😆

naughtiestgirl
Reactions:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:13 pm

I saw at Streaming requirements the updated streaming quality stuff, the minimum now for full HD is 16GB RAM. It’s my worst week in months, last week was atrocious as well. Any of you doing well this week or last week having a 32GB RAM? I really cannot decide if to make a big investment for Streamate. My hourly rate is cut in half since glitches started and I cam even less hours because I show up nearly every day and is just SHIT. I give up after 2 hours of deadness.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:43 pm

naughtiestgirl wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:13 pm I saw at Streaming requirements the updated streaming quality stuff, the minimum now for full HD is 16GB RAM. It’s my worst week in months, last week was atrocious as well. Any of you doing well this week or last week having a 32GB RAM? I really cannot decide if to make a big investment for Streamate. My hourly rate is cut in half since glitches started and I cam even less hours because I show up nearly every day and is just SHIT. I give up after 2 hours of deadness.
When you say 16gb of ram are you referring to this article?

https://streamatehelp.com/checking-your-equipment/

Full HD mostly depends on the capabilities of your camera x your upload speed. Camera quality is important but if you don't have a computer that can transmit a clear image then it really doesn't matter. If you're upload speed is too low then again the image won't be crisp.

When it comes to Ram, that mostly pertains to multi-tasking. Like splitcamming or running multiple applications at once. Yes, the more ram you have the better but that isn't going to determine the quality of your stream. Not exactly.

So if you have 8 gb of ram which is the bare minimum when it comes to STREAMING then you should only focus on one or two sites at once. If you're live on Streamate while also watching a YouTube channel or playing a video game from the same PC, this is when you may run into quality issues. It's not impossible to work with 8gb but you kinda need to respect and understand what you're working with.

In closing I don't think upgrading to 32gb of Ram is going to bring miraculous results. You have to consider what your camming style is and what you need to feel confident, because at the end of the day their are folks out here killing it with a built in webcam and crappy internet.

naughtiestgirl
Reactions:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:52 pm

Yes, I’m referring about that link, it’s a new updated list now with what Streamate wants. I have 16GB Ram and business Internet and above 20000 points cpu benchmark score but since glitches started because they changed the site I believe is no longer possible to cam with low specs for a full hd and have consistent traffic. That’s my observation. I welcome any other models observations about this matter.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:01 pm

naughtiestgirl wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:52 pm Yes, I’m referring about that link, it’s a new updated list now with what Streamate wants. I have 16GB Ram and business Internet and above 20000 points cpu benchmark score but since glitches started because they changed the site I believe is no longer possible to cam with low specs for a full hd and have consistent traffic. That’s my observation. I welcome any other models observations about this matter.
That article is from five years ago and I honestly don't believe that it was written by someone who actually understands how streaming works. I think it was posted as a basic guide line. If you have those specs then you should be able to meet their requirements. The dip in traffic seems to be effecting everyone no matter the specs.

naughtiestgirl
Reactions:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:04 pm

I don’t know how to upload a picture but if you scroll down on the page and see the table with the new tech requirements including for 2k and 4k then you will see

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:13 pm

Are you talking about these graphics from the 2018 article?

I used www.imgbb.com to upload those screenshots.
naughtiestgirl wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:04 pm I don’t know how to upload a picture but if you scroll down on the page and see the table with the new tech requirements including for 2k and 4k then you will see

naughtiestgirl
Reactions:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:16 pm

Yes, those have been updated recently, this table of contents. Before, for a full HD you needed only 8GB RAM and weren’t any 2k or 4k listed.

Esixxx
Hustler
Reactions:

Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:17 pm

This is the updated list on the site.