The Streamate Thread

All Streamate threads go here.
Genoveve
Hustler
Reactions:

Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:13 pm

bigbum wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:22 pmhow has it been for you?
After Tues-Thurs being agonizingly slow I had an extremely busy Friday, which is what happened last week too, in fact I notice a lot that during contests Fridays will be busy AF, I almost wonder if SM halts whatever they're doing to the site at the end of the week so that the chicks who keep working get a chance to actually make money during the week lol. Took yesterday off, haven't been on yet today.
bigbum wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:22 pmfor obs how did you set it up if SM is not listed on the sites in the drop down menu?
I will try to find a guide to set it up. I am desperate.
I haven't used OBS in ages so unfortunately I have no idea how to set it up. I would definitely get a Windows laptop and test it, you can just return it if it doesn't work. Also on Amazon they have options that allow you to finance purchases or break them up into 3-4 payments so if you don't want to let go of $1200 for a laptop you can spend $300 and then return it.

aka Genoveve
Esixxx
Hustler
Reactions:

Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:58 pm

I think there is something to your theory based on what I’ve seen on Twitter and discord. Another model mentioned the same thing.

I threw in the towel early today.

littlewhitelies
Reactions:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:27 pm

I ran out of spoons so didn't stay on long today, but didn't have any glitches, so that's a win? Traffic felt a little slow but not painful.

Friday for me was like pulling teeth traffic-wise. Fridays have been terrible for me the past few weeks in general, but maybe I should switch up my hours and see if a later shift would be better. Glad at least someone is getting paid that day!

Hersheykissed
Hustler
Reactions:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:38 am

Something about these losers asking for my number just grinds my gears lol. Like you know you have no chance in hell, why is this even a realistic question? Some men are truly the most dim witted creatures to walk the earth lol.

westworlds_host
Reactions:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:37 pm

littlewhitelies wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:27 pm I ran out of spoons so didn't stay on long today, but didn't have any glitches, so that's a win? Traffic felt a little slow but not painful.

Friday for me was like pulling teeth traffic-wise. Fridays have been terrible for me the past few weeks in general, but maybe I should switch up my hours and see if a later shift would be better. Glad at least someone is getting paid that day!
Omg, Spoons! I use that term too, I only know 1 other person who uses that saying to express how much energy they can put towards tasks and talking to people and its so cool seeing someone else mention their "spoons" in the wild lol.

I swear some days I only have 1 spoon and its bent and rusty af.

Friday was rough for me too, you're not alone

Genoveve
Hustler
Reactions:

Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:46 pm

I’ve never heard the spoon thing in my life! Is that some sort of Appalachian thing LOL.

aka Genoveve
EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:57 pm

Genoveve wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:46 pm I’ve never heard the spoon thing in my life! Is that some sort of Appalachian thing LOL.
I read that yesterday and I figured the meaning would reveal itself eventually. I could have hit up Google but that's no fun. Me patiently waiting for the reveal:

westworlds_host
Reactions:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:50 pm

"The spoon theory is a metaphor describing the amount of physical and/or mental energy that a person has available for daily activities and tasks, and how it can become limited."

Let's say every day i start the day with 10 spoons. Spending the day on cam takes up like, 7 of my spoons and I know mentally I can only handle so much more in the day. 1 spoon for chores around the house, another for spending time with my dog and making sure hes happy, another for working out. Social interactions like parties or seeing family can deplete my spoons completely and I need to recharge.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:21 pm

westworlds_host wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:50 pm "The spoon theory is a metaphor describing the amount of physical and/or mental energy that a person has available for daily activities and tasks, and how it can become limited."

Let's say every day i start the day with 10 spoons. Spending the day on cam takes up like, 7 of my spoons and I know mentally I can only handle so much more in the day. 1 spoon for chores around the house, another for spending time with my dog and making sure hes happy, another for working out. Social interactions like parties or seeing family can deplete my spoons completely and I need to recharge.
So it has nothing to do with Appalachia and playing the spoons? I understand the anxiety because I get that from time to time as well, but I was really holding out for some good ole Rocky Mountain down home lore. Now I gotta hit up Google. 😂

KortneyKay
Hustler
Reactions:

Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:05 pm

I have maybe 5 teaspoons of fucks left to give today.