The Streamate Thread

All Streamate threads go here.
westworlds_host
Reactions:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:33 am

I know no one replied to my last post on the topic, but I'm going to post this in case its helpful to someone :)

I still have not received my tax information from Streamate in the mail so I emailed Liz and they sent me a PDF of the letter that was sent out to access our 1099s so I can now print it out and do my taxes. So if you haven't gotten it they will send it over email which is helpful. I wish I knew why it just never showed up when my address is correct but who knows, at least I have access to my tax info.

ZaraSutra
Reactions:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:34 pm

I'm camming today (Friday) and I'm getting kicked into freechat almost immediately after a private / exclusive ends. Sometimes the 30 second countdown works, other times it only counts 1 to 3 seconds before booting me into freechat. I'm naked and exposed over here scrambling to get out of view of my webcam!

KortneyKay
Hustler
Reactions:

Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:50 pm

ZaraSutra wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:34 pm I'm camming today (Friday) and I'm getting kicked into freechat almost immediately after a private / exclusive ends. Sometimes the 30 second countdown works, other times it only counts 1 to 3 seconds before booting me into freechat. I'm naked and exposed over here scrambling to get out of view of my webcam!
I forgot about that that kept happening to me as well. My client also kept getting booted out of excl. and it kept telling him to call customer service when he had plenty of money on his account. I know he was telling the truth because he kept coming back in taking me private 10 min at a time before booting him. So if you are someone who is naked make sure you turn your Cam the other way so you don't get caught in free chat. I think clients are realizing this as well because I'm noticing that there are more men coming in my room fast right after a private hoping to get a free look versus before I even got inside of it. :oops:

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:55 pm

Well Damn! Im starting to think that maybe Elon Musk bought Streamate too!!!
ZaraSutra wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:34 pm I'm camming today (Friday) and I'm getting kicked into freechat almost immediately after a private / exclusive ends. Sometimes the 30 second countdown works, other times it only counts 1 to 3 seconds before booting me into freechat. I'm naked and exposed over here scrambling to get out of view of my webcam!
KortneyKay wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:50 pm
I forgot about that that kept happening to me as well. My client also kept getting booted out of excl. and it kept telling him to call customer service when he had plenty of money on his account. I know he was telling the truth because he kept coming back in taking me private 10 min at a time before booting him. So if you are someone who is naked make sure you turn your Cam the other way so you don't get caught in free chat. I think clients are realizing this as well because I'm noticing that there are more men coming in my room fast right after a private hoping to get a free look versus before I even got inside of it. :oops:

bigbum
Hustler
Reactions:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:48 pm

TRIGGER WARNING>> MY FIRST VENT EVER ...

I literally just can't.... I had great traffic clients wanting exclusive and privates. waiting and letting me reload since my audio isn't workin. they were fighting to get into exclusive, wanting those privates. paying for c2c only to get a black screen. this is just crap . I have never had issues in the few years I have been working on sm.
I just wish I knew 100% if it was on my end or theirs. I would feel peaceful if I knew. I would use my Time to make content or something else.
I just NEED TO KNOW....
they won't help me at all. they even told me they can't see my attachments via email, or just giving standard replies to my emails.
liz isn't there anymore clearly I get the run around from other people answering. its been weeks for me.
I am tech savvy here. I don't need to be told to "contact my internet company" as a solution. or "restart my computer".
ive reached out to them via email at least 6 times. or multiple times. Ive sent all the info and more .
uggg.i needed 2,500 this week or at least 2k. and im sitting at $1,300 which was like pulling teeth to get. I understand that might be great and Im thankful , but I am hustling my ass off and I have the clients and the hustle but nothing is working.
I have been restarting or having issues after any exclusive, or even after 15 minutes of streaming.
ive spent more time restarting , reinstalling or trying to "make this work" than I have actually online.
ive switched laptops
I bought a new cam, I tried my backup cam,
I tried with ethernet cable and without
ive reinstalled webbrowsers
ive tried safari, Firefox just for shits and giggles and chrome ( I use chrome mainly)
apparently my audio is on a loop and it was stuck on the word "I shouldn't use this word" ROFL.
so I was just saying I shouldn't use this word I shouldn't use this word .. but the clients still kept tipping me because they could see what's going on.
but I was WASTING time and energy putting on a verbal show for NOTHING.

I logged on to my back up site which I rarely do and it was filled with trolls yesterday and dint make 1 cent in 2 hours on there. but yet the stream was Clear and great. bunch of rude cheap pricks.
I just needed to vent. ive never in my years on SW ever said anything negative about sm, but right now I am just feeling very bad about it.
I need money for taxes.
my screen froze during an exclusive and I just had enough at that point so I logged off for the night.
and on top of that my puss is infected and swollen because of a bath I took with bubble bath. YAY.

Genoveve
Hustler
Reactions:

Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:13 pm

^^^When your screen freezes, do you see it on your end or do customers tell you you froze or you see it when you enter your room from the customer perspective?

I really cannot believe that even with switching laptops and cams that it is still happening, it HAS to be SM but it's so weird because I haven't had anyone tell me my audio or video was messed up at all. I'm just dealing with freakishly bad traffic for the most part. Also is the audio looping happening in the freechat/goldshows or is it during pvts and exclu? I ask because I never talk in free chat and have my music low so I wouldn't know if it's happening to me in free chat and neither would the guys.

Are you using macs btw? Never used one so I am not savvy with them at all, that's the only thing I could think of, it being some sort of weird mac issue.

I am enraged for you, it's so frustrating when what's keeping you from making money has nothing to do with you and is out of your hands.

Also have you tried with an external encoder? Maybe if SM connect won't work for you that will?

aka Genoveve
Esixxx
Hustler
Reactions:

Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:09 pm

@bigbum I think the issue is on SM's side. I had audio issues yesterday my audio sounded like it was cutting out. I switched mics back and forth and then just let it be and eventually it leveled out. The reason why I think it's on SM side is that I noticed other audio issues when I peek in on other models' room when I heard about all the glitches on Twitter and Discord. One model I watched her audio was coming out like an old Kung Fu movie- where you can see their mouth move and then the audio comes later.

ChubbyBBW
Hustler
Reactions:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:48 pm

New glitch. A member who always take excl went to paid chat, I was wondered, then asked what happened, he said that we in excl, I said not so he reenter and take excl.
But in earning stats both shows as excl.

littlewhitelies
Reactions:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:44 pm

More glitches!

I got a 15 minute block show with a semi-regular this morning, and we were getting randomly kicked out of exclusive every couple of minutes until he finally gave up. It was so annoying! It wasn't the internet on my end, and he was marked as 'user left' not 'user left due to connection error' or whatever it is when their internet is shitty. I reported this to support and asked them to give him a refund but a) I'm hoping they're not taking that out of my earnings since I did my best to work with it, and b) I'm hoping he comes back and I don't lose out on that income.

Not going back online until they fix this. I don't want to lose a bunch of customers because of SM's errors. aghhhh

sandy
Reactions:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:16 pm

It is almost laughable how broken SM is right now. Why don't they just rollback the changes they did to a week or two ago? They must be losing out on so much money right now.