The Streamate Thread

All Streamate threads go here.
Esixxx
Hustler
Reactions:

Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:12 am

CarmenRose wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:16 am
Esixxx wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:37 am
CarmenRose wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:28 am Does anyone know if we can still request static thumbnails? The camera thing does not take good photos of me. They are weirdly colored and pixelated. My stream doesn't look like that when I check it.

Edit: I just wrote to support.
This is my hack because when I use the snap feature on SM- my pics look like crap.

I use OBS with virtual cam to load an existing picture that I have taken previously. (Note: I don't not stream with OBS at the moment)

Here is how I do it.

Open OBS
Go to "Sources"
Click on the "+"
Click on "Image"
Select "Create New" (Make sure the "Make source visible" box is checked)
Click "OK"
Select the file on "Browse"
Click "OK"

Under "Controls"
Click on "Start Virtual Camera"
Right click on the image
Select "Transform"
Select "Fit to Screen"
(Note if you have loaded a video capture device- make sure the eye icon has a cross through it or it will display both.)

On SM
Select "OBS Virtual Camera"
Click on the Camera icon to snap your pic

Close out OBS
Select preferred camera source
(Note SM can be glitchy at time so you might need to refresh)

I know this is alot of steps- but it helps my anxiety otherwise it would take forever for me to stream :D
You are brilliant!! I did it! There is only one issue. There are black bars on either side of my photo. I kept starting over and hitting "fit to screen" but they are still there.

I did a test run on SM and it does show up so I'm getting there.
Thank you :D

Update: Well I was...now it's showing the obs symbol after trying again. I think I need to try later after I'm more rested. There is hope😊
I get the black bars on the side as well. I'll tinker with it today and post an update.

Did you have the "Virtual Camera" on? (I usually get the OBS symbol if I haven't turned it on)
Edit: I still got the bars on the side after trying different stuff

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:33 pm

@Esixxx I have been tinkering with it for the last couple of hours. I am confused. I can get my picture to show up but it cuts off part of it. (like my head) lol. I'm not giving up.

I did find this article, which helped get rid of the lines. Now I can't get it to work again. I should have written down exactly what I did. There are different ways to make "properties" show up but I can't find the "capture method" anymore.

It says yellow border but it did work on the red border for a minute. lol

https://www.alphr.com/remove-yellow-bor ... r%20screen.

I figured out my doorbell cam yesterday so I know I'm capable :lol: .

Good luck to you!

Esixxx
Hustler
Reactions:

Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:50 pm

@CarmenRose You got this!

Thank you for the link-I will give it try tomorrow.

Susperia
Reactions:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:34 pm

VVVV wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:58 am
Camgurl wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:54 am OMG it's sooo slow this morning!! Pleeeeze save me cam gods!! I need some love!!
i was writing same! such a slow week on SM! :shock:
I am also having a slow week...looking for a miracle from the cam gods at this point.

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:49 am

;) :D
Esixxx wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:50 pm @CarmenRose You got this!

I'm not sure what I did to make it work one time. :? I just remembered what happened after that. SM's snapshot button didn't work. Sometimes it counts down to zero, then nothing.

I'm not sure about the article. We don't want complicated.🙅🏼‍♀️ OBS hates me. lol

Esixxx
Hustler
Reactions:

Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:47 am

CarmenRose wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:49 am ;) :D
Esixxx wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:50 pm @CarmenRose You got this!

SM's snapshot button didn't work. Sometimes it counts down to zero, then nothing.
That happens on occasion for me- I just refresh when that happens. I just assume it's a glitch- because it also happens to me when I do the snapshot with my camera.

CarmenRose
Certified Hustler
Reactions:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:04 am

I figured out how to get rid of the black bars. Right click and click on "Resize output". Now I'm not sure why my photo is going away as soon as I close out obs.

I don't want to take up your time on this. I will work on it a bit at a time, otherwise anxiety kicks in. :lol:

I sure appreciate your help!😊

Esixxx
Hustler
Reactions:

Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:03 am

SM is glitch festival for me this morning- A LOT of popping in and out traffic and usernames not showing up in the left sidebar

bigbum
Hustler
Reactions:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:06 am

yep also a glitch fest over here. same issue usernames that dont appear in the chat and can stay . and also someone clicked exclusive but was in private. and once the shows end it takes a long time to bring back to the main chat. and also on top of that some users were able to enter the chat DURING an exclusive. lots of issues. be aware ladies

bigbum
Hustler
Reactions:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:11 pm

update---- ladies omg I had to log off, between all the users who I couldn't kick due to glitches and the sheer rude customers and deadville... wtf!? one of my worst days on cam it was even worst than a contest if you can imagine that. of course its when one really needs the money that this shit happens. ugggg.