The Streamate Thread

All Streamate threads go here.
Simsplayer
Reactions:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:33 am

I've been getting a lot as well. Thank goodness for the block button!

izshadow
Hustler
Reactions:

Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:35 am

I'm floored! Even though we had to weed through the rule breakers, I made the same amount plus what I got in bonus money, in only 5.5 hours that I made in freaking 20 hours during that bonus contest. This better not be a fluke!

Seductivegirl
Reactions:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:42 am

Well yesterday was the first "normal day" I've had in quite some time with normal potentials and a steady flow of new traffic which gives me hope. Today is dead so far, but I'll do what I have to. If I have to pull up to 10 hour days to get myself out of this financial mess I'm in I will. Doing minimum 6 hours a day for as long as I need to for the moment. Consistency is key. Even if you have 2 good or normal days and the other 5 in the week are rubbish it still balances out as worth it. That's the way I'm approaching it. Good luck everyone!

westworlds_host
Reactions:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:31 am

"As a whole, Streamate traffic has been steadily increasing the last several years!"

lol k.

pippapippa
Reactions:

Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:08 pm

A significant portion of my cam to cam guys look weirdly purple and green today. Anyone else?

SuperPookie
Hustler
Reactions:

Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:57 am

westworlds_host wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:31 am "As a whole, Streamate traffic has been steadily increasing the last several years!"

lol k.
I was so pissed at that patronizing bs message. So we should dance and perform for freeloaders and a empty room rather than them do their job to fix the technical and traffic issues.
Meanwhile I've been streaming for three hours without a single show.

Roseforarose
Reactions:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:34 am

SuperPookie wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:57 am
westworlds_host wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:31 am "As a whole, Streamate traffic has been steadily increasing the last several years!"

lol k.
I was so pissed at that patronizing bs message. So we should dance and perform for freeloaders and a empty room rather than them do their job to fix the technical and traffic issues.
It annoyed the hell out of me too. They never do messages like that, so they've clearly got models complaining en masse and want people to stop emailing them- but still won't admit to any of the issues. Insane :lol:

ChubbyBBW
Hustler
Reactions:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:02 am

Roseforarose wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:34 am
SuperPookie wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:57 am

lol k.
It annoyed the hell out of me too. They never do messages like that, so they've clearly got models complaining en masse and want people to stop emailing them- but still won't admit to any of the issues. Insane :lol:
They do, I had this message from SM support when asked them how to work when they don't send traffic, I read and started splitcamming coz they live in other reality:
Hello,

We understand traffic is a concern for all performers. We have checked your account and can confirm that there are no problems with your account and you have no settings in place that would prevent you from being visible or receiving traffic.

We recommend a proactive approach to build an audience of regular customers by taking advantage of features to promote your room.

Here are some great options we encourage you to try:

MASS MESSAGE - Use Mass Message to send messages to past customers and encourage them to come back to visit you!

ACTIVITY FEED - Use Activity Feed to post content available to members who have favorited you. Choose if content is viewable for free or with a price to unlock.

PHOTOS AND VIDEOS - Photos and videos can be browsed by your viewers, even while you are offline! Even while you are not performing, customers who like you can favorite you, send you a message or join your fan club.

CAMMODELS LINK - When you promote yourself on social media, forums or anywhere else on the internet, share your Cammodels link! If a new member signs up after clicking your Cammodels link, you’ll earn an extra 40% of any amount they spend on you, and you’ll earn 20% of any amount they spend on any other Streamate Models. More info at https://streamatehelp.com/cammodels/.

SOCIAL MEDIA - While you are not allowed to share social media info to customers in your chat room or in messages, you are free to promote your room to those who meet you on social media. You might consider promoting a special gold show or new content you've made available.

GOLD MENU & SPIN THE WHEEL - A lively room adds energy and excitement to the experience and sometimes that is what a customer needs to buy a show. Always try to make your room a fun and welcoming place.

westworlds_host
Reactions:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:35 am

Its wild they have the audacity to blatantly lie like that. I am not surprised though. Like most companies who thrive under the hellscape that is capatalism, they only care about their bag but not the employees bags who work for them. The motto is to deflect, deny, and deflect some more. Oh, and make sure to blame the underpaid employees for things that are the businesses fault so they can never be held accountable. We cam on SM every day, we can see with our own eyes whether or not there is traffic.

Newbies naturally wont know this, but anyone who has worked on SM for a substantial amount of time knows that saying that traffic has increased is laughable. compare the site in its current state to 5 years ago and its a night and day difference.

I'm disappointed but what can I do, I'll keep putting in my hours and doing me, because literally everyone can see right through SMs bs so at the end of the day, they are the ones who look foolish by making this announcement in my opinion. Its so tone deaf on their part.
Last edited by westworlds_host on Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChubbyBBW
Hustler
Reactions:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:07 am

Sites who asks to bring own following as Onlyfans, Soulcams, Fansly, LoyalFans usually pay way bigger percent as 80‰, not 35 or 30% and don't have so much glitches and restrictions.
You can bring a whale, who instead of spending thousands on you has to spend 50 golds first day, then you might showing offline to him so he will not even see you.
His account might be hacked and he will loose his money and even will be mad at you as happened with some of guys I bring to the site. When he finally appear in your room pvts and golds buttons doesn't work, or doesn't exist.
And when finally he catched you online and all good and went in pvt... You lost connection and can't log in but SM showing you already online.
Ok he was patient and waited for you and went pvt again, since 1 min he got disconnect.
I'm wondering do SM understand how bad reputation they already has between customers?