The Streamate Thread

All Streamate threads go here.
EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:46 pm

Esixxx wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:17 pm This is the updated list on the site.

Can you share the link where that's posted?

Esixxx
Hustler
Reactions:

Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:53 pm

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:40 pm

Esixxx wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:53 pm https://streamatehelp.com/checking-your-equipment/

That’s the link.
Okay cool! That's the same link and screenshots I shared a few post ago. The original post is from 2018. Does that article show an update to reflect something posted in 2023?

Esixxx
Hustler
Reactions:

Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:26 pm

EtherealMOD wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:40 pm
Esixxx wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:53 pm https://streamatehelp.com/checking-your-equipment/

That’s the link.
Okay cool! That's the same link and screenshots I shared a few post ago. The original post is from 2018. Does that article show an update to reflect something posted in 2023?
You are right- everything is the same there is no update it’s 2018.

I assumed it was an update.

naughtiestgirl
Reactions:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:22 am

I assumed that the listed minimum tech requirement for each resolution is an updated one from a few days ago. Nevermind anyway. Wish you a great week $$$

ggminx
Hustler
Reactions:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:43 am

handoverthat wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:17 am I'm thinking of joining Streamate- couple of questions. I currently don't have any toys, how much will that hold me back? I don't want to waste new model status and currently don't have a vanilla job due to reasons. I'm also bbw with severe skin issues that cover my whole body. How much will this hold me back? I don't want to waste new model status when I'm ill-equipped. How long does new model status last, anyway? How much can I charge starting out? I read a while ago that SM allows models to offer phone, is that still true? Is it as rare as they say? Can a model or prospective model create a user account and if so will that mess with you creating a model account? Is it weird if a model wants to watch other models cam sometimes (bisexual)? How do do with with ettiquette and manners? As a model, what can I realistically expect to make in my first week? I also joined once years back and never really committed to it, will I still have new model status?
How you approach performing each cam show AND your confidence dictate income more than anything. You could be a horny female that would rather gaze upon cock using fingers to play with yourself, not fake dildos. Or a femdom next door that uses inconspicuous household items on her newest beta.

It really doesn't matter what you are portraying in free chat as long as you interact with custies when they type to you. If you are being a horny bimbo looking for vanilla shows, people looking for bdsm shows will still come by and ask you if you'll do a show for them BECAUSE THERE IS SOMETHING SPECIAL THEY SEE ABOUT YOU! There are many options. All you need is confidence and creativity!

I joined SM so long ago, I can't remember if it's 1 week or 1 month new model status. I'm pretty sure it's 1 week. 1 month seems way too long.

I think the max SM allows you to charge in the beginning was 4.99/min, however the maximum limit can be lifted very quickly if you make sure to maximize your stream time, writing in and requesting for it.

Phone is no longer a thing. Also, it was an option while in a paid chat that is live video already, after sitting on camera in free chat. There wasn't a way to do phone without cam. Now custies turn on their microphone, instead of using a phone to call, whether on their mobile or computer, if they have one available. Some do have trouble activating their cams and/or mics.

I've never had a user account. Many models do. Hopefully one pops up with an experience for you. The only "models" I've cammed with are submissives livestreaming obeying my commands while in paid chat with me in my room. This has to do with the character I have chosen to cam as, a trance-style domme. Since you'd like to be a custie as well, treat the model as you would like to be treated is at the top of my etiquette list.

When it comes to your first week, the time and effort you put in and the confidence you portray will dictate your earnings. The more effort you put into crafting your character in each show and free chat, learning to provide what the custie wants within your boundaries, being consistent with your stream times, the more you will see your earnings rise week by week.

If you are reopening your old account with SM, you will not have new model status. If you are opening a new account with them, you will have new model status. If I were you, I would start a new application as a new model and go from there. If they bring up your previous account, only accept if they deny your request for a new one. And if this happens, new model status does not matter as much as being consistent with your live stream time/hours.

(P.S. I feel you on the skin department. I have an autoimmune skin condition. It went into remission for a couple years while I did the AIP diet so I offered nude shows for a bit. My income did not change during that time, my demographic spending did.

Be confident not having to be remotely concerned about showing anything you don't want to and still grow your income.

I do a non-nude femdom character on cam that loves to show off my busty cleavage and wear knee-length skirts or leggings while reprogramming the minds of those caught in My web.

I show from the tip of the nose to the top part of the abdomen in free chat. I focus on the face only in paid chat. I will stand up if strapon play is requested, which isn't as often as you'd think considering I do 100% femdom shows. Some models never show their face! Some charge beaucoup bucks for a custie to gaze upon it. Everything is an asset that you choose to make an asset!

The toy I would recommend the most is a panty tip vibe, like the lush. You still have to use a call to action! I would recommend using a benefit/reward for the custie. Adjust the benefit/reward depending on the type of show or what you're doing in free chat. Remember, you don't require a tip vibe to provide a benefit/reward for the custie giving gold!)

Good luck on your cam journey!!

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:03 pm

I was on super early this morning and it was like

I'm gonna try again later.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:07 pm

Also I broke down and created a customer account because I wanted to know what the streets was charging. Unfortunately there were a crap ton of rooms that wouldn't load. It was just a black screen. I did my research on mobile.

Susperia
Reactions:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:18 pm

EtherealMOD wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:07 pm Also I broke down and created a customer account because I wanted to know what the streets was charging. Unfortunately there were a crap ton of rooms that wouldn't load. It was just a black screen. I did my research on mobile.

Whenever it gets super slow I always wonder if guys are getting blank screens or if my audio is out of sync.

westworlds_host
Reactions:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:22 pm

the glitch where they get booted as soon as they come in has been happening alllllll day. aside from 2 short shows, I have sat on cam in silence for 4 1/2 hours. yikes on bikes.