The Official 'What's On Your Mind' Thread

This is a forum for general topics about the cammodel industry. Open to all members.
Genoveve
Hustler
Reactions:

Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:21 pm

^^^I watched Off the Record a while ago, really ‘good,’ (depressing but extremely informative). What was really enlightening about it for me is that when I thought of workplace sexual harassment(and assault) I tended to assume that it wasn’t happening to women at the highest level; I thought it was something that happened to secretaries, assistants…etc., women who were easily replaceable. But with Drew Dixon, she was actually successful and a valuable asset to the label. And Russell didn’t give a shit, he prioritized assault even over business. No one is safe.

aka Genoveve
EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:44 pm

aurelia wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:21 pm ^^^I watched Off the Record a while ago, really ‘good,’ (depressing but extremely informative). What was really enlightening about it for me is that when I thought of workplace sexual harassment(and assault) I tended to assume that it wasn’t happening to women at the highest level; I thought it was something that happened to secretaries, assistants…etc., women who were easily replaceable. But with Drew Dixon, she was actually successful and a valuable asset to the label. And Russell didn’t give a shit, he prioritized assault even over business. No one is safe.
I think when I first heard about the doc, I immediately thought it would be depressing. So I ignored it. But after I finally watched On The Record, I found it to be very beautiful. I know that may seem unusual considering the circumstance, but that's how I felt. I grew up on hip hop. My first show was at the age of 5 or 6? My parents sent me as a spy because they knew I'd come home and snitch on my older sibling. Instead I fell in love with the music. It's heartbreaking knowing how many people suffered along the way because it was supposed to be about having fun.

Genoveve
Hustler
Reactions:

Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:23 pm

^^^I usually avoid anything depressing, it’s just too draining and causes chronic stress for me, so normally I would not be checking for a docu like this. But I watched Kimberly Foster’s interview with Drew and it was so good it made me watch the docu.

Unfortunately the hip hop industry is corruptible like everything else.

Another depressing aspect is how literally the CIA has infiltrated hip hop throughout its history to harm the black community. Another is how ‘certain images’ are pushed by white label execs. But this is a whole nother can of worms.

aka Genoveve
Marina
Reactions:

Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:06 pm

@EtherealMOD I'm glad she fought him but it's never a good idea to be in the gym by yourself as a woman (not blaming her).
I think she works there and let him in but there should be another trainer in there with her.

AvaJade
Reactions:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:11 pm

I LOVE my noise cancelling earbuds. They are one of my best purchases of the past year.

The woman downstairs is having one of her long phone rants (I'm convinced the other person never gets to speak) and I need to keep my window open so laundry can dry.

I'm listening to some lovely ocean sounds instead.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:49 pm

We just bought our tickets to see Cocaine Bear tomorrow and I'm so ready to laugh. Have y'all heard about this one?

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:51 am

EtherealMOD wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:49 pm We just bought our tickets to see Cocaine Bear tomorrow and I'm so ready to laugh. Have y'all heard about this one?
Cocaine Bear was hilarious! I may go back and watch it again with a friend.

EtherealMOD
Site Admin
Reactions:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:52 am

Need a morning laugh? Here ya go!

A Pigeon At A Pride Parade

monamoni
Reactions:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:03 am

EtherealMOD wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:51 am
EtherealMOD wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:49 pm We just bought our tickets to see Cocaine Bear tomorrow and I'm so ready to laugh. Have y'all heard about this one?
Cocaine Bear was hilarious! I may go back and watch it again with a friend.
I really wanna see this one ! Looks trashy in all the right ways

Esixxx
Hustler
Reactions:

Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:08 am

Am I going crazy or are prices on groceries finally going down? I think the chickens called off the strike too

I noticed yesterday at ALDIs eggs were 3.19 a dozen and at Wal-mart they were 2.47. I noticed some other stuff I usually buy seemed to have went down as well.